A vacation is something that almost everyone looks forward to, especially where they will spend time away from everybody else in their RV. However, as much as your RV adventure can be interesting, there are times you may encounter RV problems that may make your holiday horrible instead of interesting. It is important to understand some of the common issues people experience when they go on an RV trip and deal with the issues.
When you know what some of the RV riders experience, you will prepare better and know how to behalf when you find yourself in a similar situation. The following are some of the things the traveller’s experience with their RVs or RV rentals.
BTW, if you are interested in topics like this, read more here.
Although you may have experienced a running toilet at home, it is nothing when you compare it with a running RV toilet. That is because the RV toilet can spew everything all around the place. If you think of buying a used RV, it is paramount to check the toilet; otherwise, you will get an unpleasant surprise.
Your RV is a small home compared to what you have at home. You, therefore, would like to have everything clean and well arranged for you to function effectively. It is possible to confuse everything and trash important items without knowing.
When you are cleaning the RV, make sure you check before you throw anything otherwise you may find that you have lost your valuables in the process.
3. Gas Station
It is exciting to hit the road with your rig, especially for the first time, and many people find themselves committing serious mistakes on the road. However excited you are, it is paramount to ensure you are confident on the road before taking your motorhome to the road. If you have to go on a vacation and you are not trained to drive a rig, it is wise to hire a driver.
Untrained rig drivers end up causing a fire at the gas station because of taking the RV on the road without the right skill. It would be best to avoid such fatal accidents by hiring an RV driver until you have the right knowledge and experience of driving your RV.
4. Mess at a Dump Station
While trying to use the dump station, people make lots of mistakes most of them end up spilling the waste on the RV. It is good to ensure that the hose pipe is well attached so that you are sure the waste will go to the dump station but not to spew in your home.
5. RV Brake Failure
A brake failure when you are pulling an RV can end up causing nightmares. Before beginning the pulling process, it is crucial to check whether your brake controller is properly configured well, as that can cause a lot of chaos on the road. If the brakes fail, your camper can flip something that you do not want to witness.
6. RV Pinning
There is nothing as bad as experiencing RV pinning resulting from towing a vehicle with your RV. When towing a car, it is important to make sure you put it in a park position; otherwise, it may end up pinning you against the RV as you try to unhook it.
7. Runway Accident
It is possible to experience a runway accident if you are not careful when parking your RV. Parking the RV on a steep runway can cause problems because it is possible for the RV to run down and cause multiple accidents.
There are many more things that can happen when you are on the road with RV. Think of what would happen if you experience any of the following mishaps with your RV:
- Power blowout may result in damages to your electronics
- A bumpy RV ride can cause you serious discomfort and sometimes sickness
- Transmission problems caused by towing the RV without turning off the transmission
- Mechanical issues that cause you to be stranded in a strange place without a reliable mechanic.
- Trapped Items in the stuck slide
- Toxic material is hidden in your RV, which you are not aware of or expecting to get in your RV
- Hitting trees with the top of your rig as you drive along
- Locking your keys inside your rig when you have no spare keys
- Animals you never expected as you drive along, some of which could be dangerous
- Sand Clogged RV filter due to driving through a desert
- Parking on price parks without doing your research
- Encountering criminals and attacking them when you are not prepared
- Documentation issues as you criss-cross counties, countries, and states
- Inconsistent RV rules and regulations
- Never-ending repairs on your RV
- Unexpected operation rules
These and many more are some of the experiences that people encounter when they hit the road with RVs. Though you may not experience the same things, it is important to be fully prepared and to know that anything can get you out there.